A camping scavenger hunt is a great way to have fun outdoors!
A camping scavenger hunt can be a great way to make exploring the outdoors even more fun. It is great to do as a family. We recommend allowing the whole camping trip to finish the scavenger hunt.
Also, never let young children search for items on their own, they should always be accompanied by an adult. When we have a camping scavenger hunt, we team up in pairs. Adults pair up with the younger kids and older kids team up together. Children should always go everywhere in a campground with a buddy.
Here are the tasks and things you need to find,
- Take a picture of a wildflower
- Collect a rock or leaf from the trail
- Take a photo of an animal or bird
- Find something in nature that is yellow and take a photo
- Take a photo of a beautiful landscape
- Sketch a map of the route you took
- Find a stick or branch to use as a walking stick
- Take a photo of animal tracks
- Take a photo of a tree with a unique shape
- Find a body of water and take a photo
- Take a photo of any campground sign
- Draw a picture of your favorite thing about camping
- Make a s'more and take a selfie with it.
- Take a cool photo from the ground, looking up at the sky
- Take a photo of a hammock
- List two cool sounds you heard while camping
- Find a feather
- Take a photo of a stump
- Find a rock with shaped like something else and take a photo
- Find a pine cone and take a photo of it on a picnic table
We hope you enjoy your camping scavenger hunt!
At the end of the camping trip, get the family together to see who has collected the most items and performed the most specific tasks. That person or team wins the right to brag until the next camping trip.
Share your tips, tricks, hacks and pics of all things camping - join our Happy Camper Living Facebook Group. - Quenton and Leslie